Just a mom...with a small cooking obsession. Nothing big! ha Join me throughout my journey of teetering with the thought of starting up a small catering business! My goal with this blog is to help other moms who have an ounce of time make awesome meals, throw the best parties with out of this world appetizers, and keep her sanity all at the same time. Welcome to my world!!

Monday, January 9, 2012

So simple you can't screw it up... Chocolate Chip Cheesecake!

I have not always been a cheesecake fan...something about the texture of some cheesecakes is just not appealing to me. BUT we have made a wonderful friend through baseball who is a chef and his secret recipe cheesecake is the most amazing thing....EVER. NO LIE! I can seriously sit and eat the entire thing by myself I think if I tried. Sadly, no this is not his super top secret recipe but a super yummy easy cheesecake that even the pickiest of cheesecake eaters (me) loves!!
It is very creamy and you get to buy the crust...It doesn't get any easier and it is pretty foolproof!

FOOL PROOF CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE

You will need:
  • 1 c. mini milk chocolate chocolate chips, divided
  • 1 premade Oreo Cookie crust (normally found with all the baking stuff)
  • 2 8oz. packages of cream cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, beat with a mixer your cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar until completely smooth and not grainy
  3. Add eggs one at a time and mix on medium speed until blended
  4. Stir in with a spoon 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips
  5. Pour into crust
  6. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips evenly over the top
  7. Bake 40-45 minutes until the center is just about set. If it stays in too long it will crack and become too brown so make sure to watch it!
  8. Refrigerate at least 3 hours after coming out of the oven this will help finish the middle setting and make it easy to cut and come out clean.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment