Just a mom...with a small cooking obsession. Nothing big! ha Join me throughout my journey of teetering with the thought of starting up a small catering business! My goal with this blog is to help other moms who have an ounce of time make awesome meals, throw the best parties with out of this world appetizers, and keep her sanity all at the same time. Welcome to my world!!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Not your normal rock hard Sausage Balls!

Yes, yes I realize that I have been MIA for 6 months from this blog but instead of having the same yearly resolution on January 1st I have decided that I will try something new that maybe, just maybe, I can stick to this year. SOOOO I have decided to be super dedicated to this blog! Hopefully you will enjoy my blog and recipes as much as I enjoy cooking and trying out new recipes!
All of these recipes are mine or tweaked but my promise to you is NOT to make you poison, make someone sick, or gag by making one of these for your family and friends!
I will try to provide pictures for each recipe even if they aren't posted the moment the recipe is. :)
Lets kick off this blog with a new twist on sausage balls!
What can seem like it can be so easy to make can easily turn into a flaky shoe leather hard rock...so lets revamp it!

Sausage Balls

You will need:
  • 1 lb. sausage I use mild but you can use any heat you want
  • 1/2 jar of Cheese Whiz
  • 1 individual packet of the Bisquick mix (you will find it right beside the boxes but it gives you the exact amount without measuring! Awesome i know!)
  • 1 pkg finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions:

  1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl mix together sausage, Bisquick mix, and shredded cheese. I use my hands, they seem to be the best mixer I own, but you can use a fork.
  3. Once mixed pretty well add the Cheese Whiz. This will make the rest of the Bisquick mix in and leave behind no powder traces. You will notice they become super mushy feeling.
  4. Roll 2 inch balls and put them on a GREASED 9x13 baking pan.
  5. Bake in preheated over for 15-20 minutes. You will know they are done when they are lightly browned on the top.
My promise to you (if you followed directions) is that these will be moist and awesome! Not an object you could knock out a window with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment