Just a mom...with a small cooking obsession. Nothing big! ha Join me throughout my journey of teetering with the thought of starting up a small catering business! My goal with this blog is to help other moms who have an ounce of time make awesome meals, throw the best parties with out of this world appetizers, and keep her sanity all at the same time. Welcome to my world!!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Wedding Potatoes

Okay, okay so these potatoes have absolutely nothing to do with a wedding BUT most people refer to these as "funeral" potatoes and that was a bit morbid for me so I decided to cheer the name up a bit! I think everyone has their own recipe for these type of potatoes, but if you don't or you'd like a new one I think mine is extremely yummy...and no worries, I am not being partial! ;)

Wedding Potatoes

What you need:
  • 2 lb of frozen cubed potatoes
  • 3 cups shredded shredded Velvetta cheese, divided ( I buy mine at Kroger)
  • 2 can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 1/2 small onion, diced (optional)
  • salt and pepper, to taste (you know what you like)
  • corn flakes OR Doritos, smashed to top with
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. In a large bowl, mix sour cream, cream of chicken soup, salt, pepper, onion, and 2 cups of Velvetta cheese.
  3. Once mixed completely, stir in potatoes.
  4. In a seperate bowl, mix remaining cheese and either crushed corn flakes or Doritos, whichever you have chosen, and set to the side.
  5. Pour the potato mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes. Make sure to check your potatoes...crunchy potatoes are a fail!
  6. After it bakes for 45 minutes, take it out and cover the top with the Dorito/corn flake cheese mixture. Place back into the over for a remaining 15 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment