Just a mom...with a small cooking obsession. Nothing big! ha Join me throughout my journey of teetering with the thought of starting up a small catering business! My goal with this blog is to help other moms who have an ounce of time make awesome meals, throw the best parties with out of this world appetizers, and keep her sanity all at the same time. Welcome to my world!!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Not Your So So Potato Salad

I am NOT normally a potato salad fan...I will occasionally eat the loaded baked potato potato salad if it is done right, by my standards lol, but even that one doesn't normally get my attention, but I have found one that I have tweaked and worked on for a long time and I LOVE it! Hopefully you will adore it too!
Potato salad always seems to make the potlucks and cookouts so why not make it where people actually enjoy eating it!
Hope you enjoy!!

Not Your So So Potato Salad

You will Need:
  • 8 medium red potatoes
  • 2 hard boiled eggs, cooked, peeled and chopped
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 TBS dry ranch powder mix
  • 8 stripes of bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
  • 1/2 cup bacon ranch dressing
Directions:
  1. Making sure NOT to overcook, place potatoes into a pot of water and bring to boil. When the potatoes are fork tender but NOT mushy drain and set aside.
  2. In a bowl, put sour cream salt, pepper, and DRY ranch dressing; mix well.
  3. Cut potatoes, that have now dried off and cooled, into bite sizes cubes
  4. Add potatoes and eggs into the sour cream mix.
  5. Add ranch dressing; if it seems to dry or not to your liking you can add more dressing just remember you can always add more but you can't take it back out! So add carefully :)
  6. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or over night to let all your flavors develop together.
  7. Add bacon right before serving.
I have even put cherry tomatoes into this right before serving and that put a bright fresh spin on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment