Just a mom...with a small cooking obsession. Nothing big! ha Join me throughout my journey of teetering with the thought of starting up a small catering business! My goal with this blog is to help other moms who have an ounce of time make awesome meals, throw the best parties with out of this world appetizers, and keep her sanity all at the same time. Welcome to my world!!

Monday, June 18, 2012

5 Cup Salad

Growing up I LOVED this stuff! If you have never had it don't snarl your nose up at the sour cream part, I know it seems like the odd ball out ingredient but it is wonderful mixed in...promise!
I know this is called 5 cup salad, I left the name the same even though I use more than 5 cups haha!

5 Cup Salad

You will need:
  • 1 can mandarin oranges, drained very very well
  • 1 can pineapple tidbits, drained very very well
  • 2 cups mini marshmallows, you can use the multi colored or white ones
  • maraschino cherries drained and sliced in half, as many as you like if you don't like these leave them out!
  • 1 cup flaked coconut
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup cool whip
Directions:
  1. Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate AT LEAST 4 hours up to overnight before serving!

No comments:

Post a Comment