Just a mom...with a small cooking obsession. Nothing big! ha Join me throughout my journey of teetering with the thought of starting up a small catering business! My goal with this blog is to help other moms who have an ounce of time make awesome meals, throw the best parties with out of this world appetizers, and keep her sanity all at the same time. Welcome to my world!!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Baked Ziti

Saturday Derek and I took a little road trip to Bowling Green to help welcome my friend Ashley's new addition to her family! I love love love babies and could not wait to meet her...as expected she was absolutely perfect and precious. As the welcoming committee I found it fit to take food and make a few gifts for baby Scarlet! They are huge 49ers fans so I found it fitting to make her a 49ers tutu and matching bow for football season!


As far as food goes, I took the new dad and mom chocolate chip cookies, cheese garlic bread and made them baked ziti! Baked ziti is so very easy to make, can feed a crowd, freezes well, and is delicious!


Baked Ziti

What you need:
  • 1 box penne pasta
  • 1 block cream cheese, room temp. and cubed
  • 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce, I like Ragu
  • 1 bag shredded pizza cheese
  • 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 1/2 lb hamburger
Directions:
  1. In a large pot, cook pasta as directed on box until al dente.
  2. While pasta is cooking, in another larger pot brown hamburger and then drain.
  3. Add in your pasta sauce. Let simmer until pasta is complete.
  4. Once pasta is finished, drain and return to pan add in cubed cream cheese and 1/2 the bad of shredded pizza cheese.
  5. Stir until cream cheese is completely melted.
  6. Add in sauce mixture and stir well.
  7. Place in a 9x13 baking dish and cover with remaining bag and a half of cheese.
  8. If you are eating it right away, place in a preheated 350 degree oven until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. If freezing cover and place in freezer.
**When I am making this dish for my house hold I like to saute a small onion, diced, and add to the hamburger and I like to put a can of mushrooms into mine as well. I also use the Ragu super chunky veggie or super chunky mushroom sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment